As much as I hate to admit it, I have adult acne. Whenever something causes a hormone imbalance in my system, my face completely freaks out. It’s frustrating since there’s usually nothing I can do about it until it starts. I go to monthly facials to help keep it under control, but sometimes, the hormones win. That’s why I’m super excited to give you my MaskMonday review of the Murad Acne Control Clarifying Mask. You can get some at Ulta or at Murad’s website.
One of the biggest things about this mask is that it contains 4.0% Sulfur, so it helps clear out the oil that’s already on your skin. Plus, despite its sulfur content, it doesn’t smell offensive (some do, trust me). Plus I really felt like it cleaned my face without being too drying.
- Even with a good layer on, it didn’t make my face feel like I was stuck. This can happen with sulfur masks.
- I already mentioned the smell. I’m not saying it doesn’t have a smell, but it’s not overwhelming.
- When I washed it off my face felt clean and soft. There was no drying effect, which can happen with a variety of high sulfur masks.
- I won’t lie, it’s pricey. A tube will set you back $38.00, but Murad’s website does do deals or you can sign up for an auto-delivery which will give you a discount.
- It’s in a squeeze tube so you never know how much to put on.
Overall, this mask is just like one I get from the salon I get my facials at, so when I got a coupon for Ulta, it was a no brainer to try. I would say confidently this gets an 8/10. I’m going to try to use it once a week to keep my oil under control until my hormones die down again.
What do you think? Have you tried any Murad products that you love? Let me know in the comments!